TruDesign Monitored Manual Ball Valves are designed and made in New Zealand for use in marine applications above and below the water line. They comply with ISO 9093-2 and ABYC H-27 and certified by Bureau VERITAS and IMCI see Product Information Sheet.
The body of the Ball Valve is manufactured in glass-reinforced nylon composite with high impact and tensile strength resulting in a lightweight unit, free from corrosion and electrolysis issues.
The ball and sealing rings utilise a PTFE polymer to ensure a smooth action, and continuous ease of operation over many years. The Ball Valve is available in both BSP and NPS Parallel thread forms and can be locked in the closed position for use on toilet waste outlets.
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite – High strength and light weight.
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis – long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion.
- Chemical resistant – Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints.
- UV resistant – Will not degrade or discolour with ultraviolet light from the sun.
- Large operating temperature range (-40° to +110°C).
- High quality surface finish – Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do.
- Position Monitored – Able to be used as an engine interlock. Monitoring of multiple Ball Valve positions through the Panel Display.
- Approved by IMCI & Bureau VERITAS to ISO standard 9093-2 when used with TruDesign Skin Fittings.
- Complies with ABYC H-27 when used with TruDesign ABYC collar and TruDesign Skin Fittings – refer to Product Information Sheet.