TruDesign Recessed Skin Fittings comply to ISO 9093-2. and ABYC H-27 500Lb Standard (when used with ABYC Collar)
Designed and made in New Zealand, the Skin Fitting body and nut are moulded from a glass-reinforced nylon composite.
High strength, high-modulus glass fibres provide dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness and dimensional stability. These properties allow a significant weight reduction over metallic fittings.
TruDesign Skin Fittings eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings.
When used in below waterline applications, a Ball Valve should be directly connected and installed as per manufacturer’s instructions for safety and compliance to relevant marine standards.
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite – High strength and light weight.
- Compatible with all hull types – Can be used on aluminium, steel, wood or GRP hulls up to 100mm thick.
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis – long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion.
- Chemical resistant – Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints.
- UV resistant – Will not degrade or discolour with ultraviolet light from the sun.
- High quality surface finish – Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do.
- Paintable – Can be painted with all types of antifouling.
- TruDesign accepts no responsibility for Ball Valves or Skin Fittings which are not installed as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Thread on all models 140mm.